The Associate Commissioner serves as a Regular Voting Member of the Planning Commission upon absence or recusal of one of the Regular Voting Commissioners, at a meeting, as designated by the Planning Commission Chair. Planning Commission Members are compensated for their time.
Qualifications for this position include:
- A resident of Cascade Township.
- Ability to attend two-thirds of the Planning Commission meetings held in a twelve (12) month period.
- Can serve, at a minimum, a one-year term.
- Willingness to learn issues facing the township.
- Qualities such as good listening skills; being fair and open-minded; being prepared; ability to communicate in front of others; can perform as part of a team.
- Any relevant work/community experience.
- Willingness to learn the following:
- Township Planning Commission proceedings such as the review of building permits and site/development plans for local zoning requirements with other Commission members; and, the review of applications for variances, conditional, subdivision and zoning changes.
- Applicable codes and ordinances, township geographical layout, zoning classification, and definitions, including the: Zoning Ordinance, Sign Ordinance, and Development Regulations. Training is available.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in serving as an “Associate” Planning Commissioner should contact one of the following:
- A Cascade Township Board Supervisor: http://cascadetownship.us/departments/town_board/index.php (or)
- A member of the Cascade Planning Commission: http://www.cascadetownship.us/residents/planning_commission/index.php (or)
- The Cascade Town Clerk/Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are asked to submit a résumé to email@example.com