2022 ROAD WORK ANNOUNCEMENT
This notice is to inform you that the road you live on will be reconstructed this spring and summer. This reconstruction includes the following actions:
- Reclaim the roadway and grade
- Replace defective culverts (cross culverts on the roadway and resident’s access culverts if in the right-of-way)
- Cut back driveway access if needed for the new roadway height
- Blacktop drives will be machine milled
- Concrete drives will be cut
- Gravel drives will have gravel installed to match new roadway
- Concrete aprons will be replaced with blacktop apron
- Remove trees, brush, trash in the right-of-way as needed
- Pave base layer 2 inches
- Shoulder new road
Next year the wear blacktop surface of the road will be installed and shouldered.
Contact Road Maintenance Supervisor Pat McGowan with questions Monday – Thursday between 7:00am and 5:00pm, at 507-250-6081.
SNOW REMOVAL REMINDERS:
1. Trash containers are to be placed OFF the roadway.
2. No parking on roadways with accumulation of 2 in. or more of snow.
*Cascade Snow and Ice Control Policy
Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit on Township roads is 55 mph. On May 14, 2018, the Cascade Township Board of Supervisors approved and directed Road Maintenance to post 35 mph speed limit signs throughout the township.
Weight Restriction Signs
Cascade Township will be installing weight restriction signs to the following roadways: 7th Street, 60th Avenue, 19th Street, and 65th Street.
Road Right Of Way Notice
Cascade Township wishes to remind residents that plantings and landscaping must be kept out of the township road right of way. These right of ways and the road ditches are the drainage for storm water and must be kept free of plantings and blockages in order to help prevent damage to our roads and personal property. If you are not sure where the road right of way is, please contact a board member for assistance.
Roadside Mailboxes and Mailboxes Policy, see Roadside Mailboxes